AUGI, the AutoCAD User Group International, polled their members and developed a wish list for AutoCAD and several other Autodesk products. They presented their list to Autodesk. Here are the top ten AutoCAD wishes they presented.
I think it’s interesting to see what other AutoCAD users find limiting or frustrating, or opportunities for improvement in the software.
2011 AUGI AutoCAD Wish List Vote
- The ability to use the layer merge command in the layer property manager.
- The ability to number and renumber objects, such as parking lot spaces, with an option to automatically renumber if a number is changed, deleted, etc.
- The ability to automatically reload changed xrefs
- The ability to rename anonymous blocks
- The ability to automatically create and turn on/off a wipeout outlines for blocks.
- Reference manager to allow conversion from full paths to relative paths and relative paths to full paths.
- The ability to have an attribute in a dynamic block control a parameter associated with that dynamic block.
- The ability to apply a specific layer to a specific object type.
- The ability to select which commands UNDO and REDO affect; giving the user the option to have things like OSNAP setting remain unchanged when using UNDO and REDO.
- For the tool palette to update when the folder is updated.
See the full article here:
Let me know your thoughts!